Who We Are
To be a center of unity,knowledge and academic excellence
Moulding the character of the Nigerian Child for National integration and self-actualization through effective and efficient teaching and learning
OUR CORE VALUES
HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE
Federal Government College Okposi is one of the first generation unity colleges. It was first established in 1965. It operated for about two years before the civil war started in 1967, hence the students could not continue their education in the college. They were then distributed over the two other colleges, FGC warri and FGC sokoto.
Between 1967 and 1995, the college premises was used for different purposes. It served as the base for biafran army, nigerian army, temporary site for federal polytechnic, temporary site for government secondary school and later as temporary site for federal technical college which was relocated to ohanso. However, with the creation of ebonyi state, fgc okposi was re-established in 1995.
FGC Okposi is a co-educational institution with about 1,500 students on roll. The college provides qualitative education for the young Nigerians some of who have achieved greater heights in their fields of endeavour.
The college now has improved water reticulation system, befitting roofs in both hostels and classrooms. The college has also increased the carrying capacity in order to provide access and equity to all interested Nigerians seeking admission into the college. It was eventually re-established in the year 1995.
The college has witnessed rapid transformation in the area of infrastructure since the assumption of office of the present principal, Mr I. S. Kolawole FCAI
PAST PRINCIPALS OF THE COLLEGE
- CHIEF U. M. IROHA (1995 – 2000)
- CHIEF I. C. ONUORAH (2000 – 2006)
- CHIEF O. UKEJE (2006 – 2008)
- MR S. B. BATURE (2008 – 2010)
- MR PETER MATTHEW (2010 – 2011)
- MRS S. O. JUBA (2011 – 2012)
CURRENT HEADSHIP OF THE COLLEGE
- LADY (BARR.) B. N. OKONKWO - Deputy Director / Vice Principal Administration
- MR P.O. INYANDA - Deputy Director / Vice Principal Special Duties
- MR C.H. OSAKWE - Deputy Director / Vice Principal Student Welfare
- MRS C. U. EZEGBULAM - Deputy Director / Vice Principal Academics I
- MRS A. N. UGWUJOR - Assistant Director / Vice Principal Academics II